During my stream line..
I'm doing so well, and I fear that the moment I lift my head out of the water, I'll start to sink again.
So I hold my breath, until I explode.
Or I hold my breath, until I hit the wall.
And I endure my pain, and hope it goes away.
So, by the end of the day, I will start to feel okay.
I won't get a pat on the back.
Or a job well done.
Nothing is simply said.
So I just move on.
It fills my thoughts,
Clutters my mind,
Consumes my dreams,
and becomes my goal.
I try to tell my self to breathe.
But I never listen.
I try to tell her to breathe.
She never listens.
How can I expect to give advice on something I cannot do myself?
I'm trapped in this water
Weightless.
Nothing to hold me under
Nothing to keep me above.
I will stay here forever
Until I find my balance.
I will stay here forever
Until I remember to breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment